May 2005 | Armstrong Innovates With Infusions
London, 20 May 2005 Armstrong World Industries, one of the world's leading suppliers of suspended ceilings, has launched its newest offering,
Infusions Accent Canopies, into the UK. Infusions use a cable system to secure individual, flexible panels to an existing
ceiling or wall, and are designed for use in high visibility or focus areas, such as offices or exhibition halls.
The canopies have already been deployed in the United States to great acclaim. They are available in two different sizes:
one measuring 610mm by 1525mm and the other 610mm by 1830mm. They are currently available in 16 different colours, ranging
from plain white to a vibrant red and, as with existing Armstrong ceiling tiles, are available in different textures and finishes.
The canopies are available in plastic (PETG and polycarbonate) and also in aluminium.
“With sales of Infusions Accent Canopies in the States considerably exceeding expectations, we are very much looking forward
to a similar success story in the UK,” explains Chris Wells, Product Manager for mineral ceiling products. “Infusions are
a new concept and one which we at Armstrong believe will fit perfectly with the increasing trend of more open ceiling spaces
in buildings such as shops, offices and airports. These products also provide a bespoke look whilst being very quick and easy
Infusions Accent Canopies are the latest addition to the Armstrong range. Armstrong's ceilings are available for commercial
use in a wide variety of tile types and suspension grids, each providing different levels of functionality.
About Armstrong World Industries:
Armstrong World Industries, Inc., is a global leader in the design and manufacture of floors, ceilings and cabinets. In 2004,
Armstrong's net sales totaled more than $3 billion. Based in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Armstrong has 42 plants in 12 countries
and approximately 15,000 employees worldwide. More information about Armstrong is available on the Internet at www.armstrong.com.
Armstrong World Industries:
- is a global leader in the design and manufacture of floors, ceilings and cabinets
- The amount of net sales world-wide in dollars in 2004 totaled more than $3 billion
- The number of employees world-wide is approximately 15,000
- The number of manufacturing plants world-wide 42 plants in 12 countries
- is a world-wide leader in the manufacture and marketing of acoustical ceilings and suspension systems for commercial and residential
- The amount of net sales world-wide in dollars in 2004 $971.7 million
- The number of employees world-wide 3,650
- The number of manufacturing plants world-wide 11 plants worldwide
Catherine Eyres / Rebecca Marwood
Catherine@sparxgroup.co.uk / Rebecca@sparxgroup.co.uk