Armstrong Featured in Eight Award-Winning Projects
Armstrong Commercial Flooring is pleased to announce its products were used in eight award-winning projects in the 2013 STARNET
DESIGN AWARDS, helping Starnet members achieve top honors with five gold, one silver, and two bronze awards.
“We are so proud that the commercial industry sees Armstrong as the trusted go-to resource when it comes to new construction
and renovation projects,” said Richard K. Born, vice president, Commercial Sales. “It is an honor that our partners were recognized
for these amazing projects and we are glad to be able to provide them with targeted solutions for their flooring needs.”
Of the 114 submissions in multiple categories, 58 used Armstrong products in their installations. Categories included Healthcare,
Education, Retail, Corporate, Hospitality, Environmental Achievement and Unique Installation. This year, a new People’s Choice
category was added to the voting by Starnet members, vendors, and industry (press).
Award-winning projects featuring Armstrong flooring include:
- Bostik Inc.: Awarded Gold in People’s Choice, Silver in Corporate, ,Bronze in Unique Installation. Armstrong’s LinoArt Marmorette Linoleum with NATURCote™ was the perfect solution for the project’s multi-functional space requirements. Bostik’s Commons Area required flooring that
could stand up to a high-traffic use from dining to conference areas. LinoArt MARMORETTE Linoleum is a multi-award winning
product, combining durability, performance and beautiful, on-trend styles with manufacturing processes that include renewable
resources, such as cork and linseed oil. This sustainable product was developed with durability and design in mind including
CONTINUUM™, a system that encourages designers, architects and specifiers to mix and match flooring selections across categories
and collections. NATURCote, a high-performance coating exclusive to Armstrong, provides low maintenance and a beautiful finish
that improves scuff resistance and reduces damage from scratching.
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago: Awarded Gold in Healthcare. Positive distractions and familiarity for children were critical in achieving the client’s design
- Kaiser Bellflower Pediatrics Relocation: Awarded Gold in Unique Installation and Bronze for Healthcare. The goal for the new Pediatrics department was to create an
appealing atmosphere for young patients that doesn’t look “institutional,” design care areas that are separate yet look unified,
and meet project’s extremely tight deadline.
- Puma North America: Awarded Gold in Retail and Bronze in Environmental Achievement. Puma’s long-term mission of becoming the most desirable and
sustainable sports lifestyle company called for the use of earth friendly and rapidly renewable finish selections.
- Berkshire School: Bellas/Dixon Math and Science Center: Awarded Gold for Environmental Achievement. Armstrong LinoArt GRANETTE Linoleum is featured in this educational project designed to provide inspired spaces for learning.
- Memorial Care: Awarded Silver in Environmental Achievement. Extensive use of open space combined with the elements of environment-friendly
biobased floor covering materials like Armstrong’s STRIATIONS BBT Bio-flooring were used to achieve the design focus of “Live Healthy” while promoting healing through nurturing spaces.
- Swinomish Lodge: The People’s Choice Bronze winner. This hotel and convention center expansion features natural textures and colors to echo
a Pacific Northwest theme.
- Flint Hills Discovery Center: Awarded Bronze for Hospitality. Armstrong MIGRATIONS BBT Bio-flooring in this an inventive installation where pattern plays an important role in communicating the use of the space.
Read the Armstrong full press release (PDF-362K)
LinoArt Marmorette Linoleum with NATURCote™
LinoArt GRANETTE Linoleum with NATURCote™
Striations BBT Bio-Flooring
Migrations BBT Bio-Flooring
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. is a global leader in the design and manufacture of floors and ceilings. In 2011, Armstrong's
consolidated net sales from continuing operations totaled approximately $2.7 billion. Based in Lancaster, Pa., Armstrong operates
32 plants in eight countries and has approximately 8,500 employees worldwide. For more information, visit www.armstrong.com
|News contacts: Patricia Fanty