Armstrong Wins Prestigious Good Design Award For Striations Biobased Tile
ARMSTRONG STRIATIONS BBT® TILE COLLECTION, 2012
DESIGNER: DIANNA BORDERS, ARMSTRONG DESIGN STAFF, ARMSTRONG COMMERCIAL FLOORING
MANUFACTURER: ARMSTRONG COMMERCIAL FLOORING, LANCASTER, PENNSYLVANIA, USA
- Armstrong Commercial Flooring has been honored with a coveted 2012 GOOD DESIGN® Award for its acclaimed STRIATIONS BioBased Tile® (BBT), offering elegant visuals with environmental features.
- STRIATIONS is an environmentally friendly BioBased Tile collection offering exciting visuals inspired by the natural qualities found
in ancient stone and time-weathered wood.
- These design features are presented in a non-PVC tile containing Armstrong’s exclusive BioStride® polymer, derived from rapidly
renewable, domestic corn, resulting in reduced reliance on fossil fuels.
- This product is composed of 85% North American limestone, an abundant natural resource, including 10% pre-consumer recycled
content (recycled limestone).
- 5X greater impact resistance and 2 1/2X greater resistance to cracking from uneven subfloors than standard composition tile—all
at an affordable price.
- GOOD DESIGN ™ is the world’s most prestigious, recognized, and oldest Design Awards program
Read the Armstrong full press release (PDF-337K)
Striations BBT® Video
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. is a global leader in the design and manufacture of floors and ceilings. In 2011, Armstrong's
consolidated net sales from continuing operations totaled approximately $2.7 billion. Based in Lancaster, Pa., Armstrong operates
32 plants in eight countries and has approximately 8,500 employees worldwide. For more information, visit www.armstrong.com
|News contact: Michele Zelman