Building on a Heritage of Sustainability
More than a century ago, Armstrong ceased discarding post-industrial cork waste and began recycling it-first into corkboard
insulation, and soon afterwards into the green product on which our modern flooring business was built: linoleum
.Made From Renewable Raw Materials
- Contributes to MR6.0* (Rapidly Renewable Resources)
- Armstrong Linoleum contains 36% rapidly renewable content comprised of cork, linseed oil, wood flour and jute backing.
- Contributes to MR4.1, 4.2* (10% & 20% post-consumer + pre-consumer)
- Armstrong linoleum contains 35% pre-consumer recycled content in the form of wood dust and cork flour.
Low Emitting Material
- Compliant with EQ4.3* (Indoor Air Quality)
- Linoleum is independently tested and certified as a low-emitting product under the FloorScore Program
Use our time-saving tool that will allow you to quickly search evaluate and document a product’s environmental contributions
according to these key industry rating systems.
- USGBC LEED Rating System
- Canada Green Building LEED Rating System
- GGHG Green Guide for Health Care
- CHPS Collaborative for High Performance Schools