Just Announced! New ASTM F2982 Standard
ONLY Armstrong BBT® Products meet and exceed this new standard.
Check out Striations BBT® and Migrations® BioBased Tile® for yourself and specify these products in your next project.
Watch and see how these products inspire you, and check out the facts below for more information on why Armstrong BBT® products
are the only choice.
- Armstrong is the only North American manufacturer to date with products to meet the New ASTM F2982 Standard.
- Striations BBT® and Migrations® BioBased Tile® are the only products to meet this new specification. These products meet price,
performance, and environmental criteria requirements.
- The development of Migrations® and Armstrong's BioStride® polymer, currently used in both our BioBased Tile® products, helped
drive this new category of flooring and development of this new specification.
- Armstrong's BioBased polyester binder development followed important principles of green chemistry, life cycle assessment,
and design for the environment. Armstrong BBT® products provide a PVC- and phthalate-free alternative to VCT.
- A portion of Armstrong's polyester binder is BioBased, derived from rapidly renewable, domestic corn, resulting in reduced
reliance on fossil fuels. Our BBT products are comprised of 85% North American limestone including 10% pre-consumer recycled
- Armstrong has an ongoing commitment to develop products that reduce environmental impact while improving performance in use,
and Striations BBT® and Migrations® BioBased Tile® products are proof of our long-term commitment to provide innovative products
that meet a market need and align with good product stewardship.
- ASTM International is a global standards development organization, whose standards are used and referenced all over the world.
There are some 12,000 standards with members in over 100 countries. As a new standard, F2982 is currently only referenced
in North America, but other countries are free to adopt or reference it.
Read the Armstrong full press release (PDF-337K)
Read the ASTM press release
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. is a global leader in the design and manufacture of floors and ceilings. In 2011, Armstrong's
consolidated net sales from continuing operations totaled approximately $2.7 billion. Based in Lancaster, Pa., Armstrong operates
32 plants in eight countries and has approximately 8,500 employees worldwide. For more information, visit www.armstrong.com
|News contacts: Patricia Fanty