Armstrong Installations Win Big in Design Competition
LANCASTER, PA– Contract design projects that featured Armstrong Flooring won 5 out of 7 categories and an Honorable Mention in another.
Armstrong was represented in an impressive 38 entries out of 118.
Phoenix Children’s Hospital Is Top Winner
The Grand Prize Winner, which also won the Healthcare category, was Phoenix Children’s Hospital in Arizona, designed by HKS, Inc. with Starnet Member Wholesale Floors LLC. Designers selected Armstrong MARMORETTE™ linoleum, MEDINTECH® homogeneous sheet and MIGRATIONS® BioBased Tile® floors for the project.
According to the judges, the flooring design was well aligned with the project goals and integrated into the interior architecture
of the space. The flooring acts as an excellent wayfinding device, drawing people into the space. Use of color and pattern
in the flooring design clearly sends a message that the space was designed for children.
“We’re extremely proud that our customers received this recognition for their great work,” said Richard K. Born, vice president,
Armstrong Commercial Sales. “We feel so honored by their dedication to the Armstrong brand and that Armstrong has contributed
to helping our customers achieve their visions with the right products, designs and colors.”
Starnet Design Awards
Established in 2000 to celebrate the creativity and talent of professionals in commercial flooring and interiors, the Starnet
Design Awards honors entries based on the creative use of flooring, the integration of flooring into the overall design concept,
and the successful achievement of client objectives.
|Winning Installations with Armstrong Flooring
- Retail: The Hen House Market remodel in Kansas City, MO. Completed by Starnet Member Interior Surfaces Enterprise LLC and designed
by Jeff Maple Design.
- Corporate: Chicago’s United Airlines Corporate Office – Willis Tower, designed by Canon Design and completed by Starnet Member Mr. David’s
Flooring International, Ltd.
- Environmental Achievement: City of Houston Permitting Service (sponsored by CARE); created by Quality Service Floor Covering and architect Studio Red.
- Unique Installation Challenge (sponsored by CFI): Portneuf Regional Medical Center in Pocatello, ID. Designed by Ascension Group Architects LLP and completed
by Starnet Member Wall 2 Wall Floorcoverings.
- Hospitality/Public Space (Honorable Mention): Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort Hotel and Spa Expansion Project in Whorley, ID. Completed by Starnet Member
Great Floors LLC and designer MITHUN.
Starnet is comprised of over 170 locally owned full-service flooring contractors representing more than 300 locations throughout
North America. With $2 billion in annual sales, Starnet is the single most influential force in the contract flooring industry.
For more information, visit www.starnetflooring.com
About Armstrong World Industries
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. is a global leader in the design and manufacture of floors, ceilings and cabinets with a
focus on innovation, design and environmental sustainability. In 2010, Armstrong’s consolidated net sales totaled approximately
$2.8 billion. Based in Lancaster, PA, Armstrong operates 33 plants in eight countries and has approximately 9,500 employees
|News contacts: Patricia Fanty