QUICK FACTSThe Challenge:
- Hoping to use a material to replace the wall tiles and floorings previously used in wards and wash rooms to solve dirt and stain buildup between seams of tiles and hard-to-clean deficiencies.
- As a renovation project, restricted by the building itself, waterproof treatment must be easy to operate.
- As a hospital for international friends, different décor styles are hoped to cater to different nationalities.
The Armstrong Solution:
- Armstrong boasts a systematic solution tailored to flooring and walls. The resilient flooring material and wall finish material featuring in good dirt resistance and easy maintenance are particularly suitable to the needs of a healthcare environment.
- The water-proof treatment of resilient flooring wall surface materials is easy to operate.
- Armstrong resilient flooring materials and wall finishes have a great variety of color options plus flexible design.
Download Case Study PDF
Beijing Sino-Japan Friendship HospitalSince its establishment in 1984, Beijing Sino-Japan Friendship Hospital has undertaken the healthcare tasks for the leaders of the central authorities and expatriates from over 100 countries and regions. As a result of 20-year-plus operation, the hospital has confronted the renovation issue.
Because Beijing Sino-Japan Friendship Hospital is a project converted from an old building, at the time of installation, water discharge treatment must accommodate the requirement of the water discharge structure of the old building but flooring tiles and wall tiles can not comply with such a requirement while the self-contained water-proof system of Armstrong wall materials can perfectly meet such a requirement.
As a healthcare facility treating and hospitalizing expatriates from more than 100 countries and regions, Beijing Sino-Japan Friendship Hospital hopes the design of flooring and walls in wards and toilet rooms can cater to preferences of patients of different countries. Armstrong Accolade Plus boasts a unique embossed surface texture and pattern design coordinated with waistlines or matching with each other, thus leading to endless creativity of design. The solution to the overall system of flooring materials and wall finishes ultimately creates an environment fitting in with the styles of various nationalities including Chinese, Japanese, Americans, Europeans, etc thereby giving patients a comfortable home-away-from home feel. Furthermore, the soft feel and anti-slip property of PVC flooring and wall finishes make up the deficiencies of tiles being cold, wet and slippery, giving weak patients a warm and safe bath & shower environment.
The executives of Beijing Sino-Japan Friendship Hospital are very satisfied with the environment of the renovated hospital. They said that the Armstrong flooring materials and wall finishes have helped them solve the longstanding issue and the patients are also very gratified with the new treatment environment. What else can make people feel more secure than treatment and hospitalization in a comfortable and safe environment?