6 Reasons Laminate Is So Popular
If you’re weighing the pros and cons of a laminate floor, we’ve got the “pros” all laid out for you here.
1. Laminate floors can look like real hardwood. Many homeowners prefer the wood look because it creates a feeling of warmth and comfort. But you can also find laminate floors that look like stone, slate and other natural materials.
2. Laminate floors install quickly and easily. In fact, they’re a perfect DIY installation. With Armstrong’s Lock&Fold installation system, the flooring planks and strips just snap together. No glue. No complicated equipment.
3. Laminate floors are a good option for people with dust allergies. Typically, dust collects in carpet fibers and is hard to remove. With hard surface floors like laminate, dust is easy to sweep away or vacuum. It doesn’t stay on the surface.
4. Laminate floors are kid- and pet-friendly. Armstrong laminate floors are extremely durable and resist scratches, stains, and indentations better than most flooring types. Toys with wheels? Building blocks that topple? Big dogs with a lot of energy and no spatial orientation? Not a problem for laminate.
5. Laminate floors are easy to clean. Just sweep or vacuum as needed and use a no-rinse laminate floor cleaner occasionally.
6. Laminate floors are affordable. You get beauty and durability at a budget-friendly price.
In recent years, laminate floors have come into their own. The economy has played a big part in laminate’s resurgence as a top flooring choice. In addition, the technology to make laminate look more like real materials has also contributed to its popularity. Check out all the laminate choices available at your local flooring store or home center.