Cleaning Up After the Holidays
Welcome to the start of a new year! I hope you enjoyed the holidays as much as I did!
Now that the hustle and bustle of the holiday season is over, it’s time to pack up the decorations, take down the tree, and move your furniture back where it belongs. What a perfect time to spruce up your home! Let me help by giving you tips for cleaning your floors.
If your home was anything like mine during the holidays, it was filled with lots of decorations, a Christmas tree, frequent family gatherings, holiday parties, gift exchanges, and too much food! To accommodate our large family parties, we held most of our holiday events in the largest area of our house, which has vinyl sheet flooring. I love the comfort underfoot that vinyl provides, but most of all, I love the easy clean-up!
You can easily remove holiday remnants such as spilled punch, crumbs, wrapping paper, ribbon, pine needles, sap and more. Here are some tips to return your vinyl floor to its pre-holiday condition:
- Sweep, dust mop or vacuum your floor to remove crumbs, those pesky pine needles and other loose debris.
- Remove dried spills using Armstrong Once ‘n Done No-Rinse Floor Cleaner or New Beginning Extra Strength Floor Stripper on a clean white cloth and rinse. (Make sure to read the instructions on the label.)
- Food coloring, grape juice and wine stains, as well as black heel marks, can be removed by scrubbing the stained areas with New Beginning Extra Strength Floor Stripper and a nonabrasive white scrubbing pad and then rinse. If the stain remains visible, rub the stain with rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) on a clean, white cloth and rinse.
- Tree sap can be removed using white vinegar on a clean, white cloth.
- Finally, wash your entire floor using Armstrong Once ‘n Done No-Rinse Floor Cleaner.
For more information on the best practices for cleaning your Armstrong floors – vinyl, hardwood, laminate, luxury vinyl or linoleum – please visit the maintenance section of our website or contact our customer relations and technical services department at (800) 233-3823 Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm.
Wishing you a happy & prosperous New Year!
Sherry Horner is a Technical Services Representative, as well as a Maintenance Specialist and Trainer. She has been with Armstrong for over 33 years, spending most of her time in various areas of Customer Service for our Floor Products division. She likes helping customers find answers to their flooring issues. Outside of work, Sherry enjoys the beach and the mountains, and especially enjoys spending time with her grandchildren.