Laminate is a popular flooring choice for active families. It’s highly durable and can stand up to the activities of kids, pets, guests, and whatever else life has in store.
Beyond durability, homeowners also expect laminate floors to be easy to clean. Find out how easy it is to clean an Armstrong laminate floor with just a few simple steps.
Cleaning Your Laminate Floor
All Armstrong laminate floors have the exclusive VisionGuard™ wear surface that protects them against scratches, scrapes, surface spills, stains, and fading. This special wear surface also makes them easy to clean.
- Routine Cleaning
- Regularly dust mop or vacuum laminate flooring with a soft brush or wood floor attachment. You can also use a slightly damp mop for spot cleaning.
- Occasional Thorough Cleaning
- Use a well-squeezed mop dampened with Armstrong Hardwood & Laminate Floor Cleaner or Bruce® Hardwood & Laminate Floor Cleaner. A light mopping is all you need!
- Cleaning Tip
Don’t use soap-based detergents or “mop and shine” products as they can leave a dull film on the surface of your laminate floor.
Caring For Your Laminate Floor
Beyond regular cleaning, there are simple preventive measures you can take to keep your laminate floor looking great.
- Place a natural-material mat or a mat that won’t fade or bleed color at outside entrances to collect tracked-in dirt and absorb excess moisture.
- Use protective felt pads under furniture legs and appliances.
- Keep your pets’ nails trimmed
- Clean up spills as soon as they occur with a cloth or sponge. Don’t allow spills – including from your pet’s water bowl – to pool on the floor.
- When moving furniture, don’t slide pieces across the floor – lift them to reposition them. Or lay large, heavy cardboard over your laminate floor to protect it before moving your furniture.
- Make minor nicks or scratches disappear with a color-matched correction kit, such as Armstrong’s Laminate Floor Touch-Up Kit. Look for it at your local flooring retailer.