DIY Laminate Flooring
Learn how easy it can be to install Armstrong Lock&Fold® laminate.
Installing your new Armstrong Lock&Fold® laminate floor is something you can tackle if you have a few DIY projects under your belt and are OK with one- or two-day projects. Read all the instructions carefully and have fun!
- BEFORE YOU START: Read our complete installation instructions.
- Make sure the surface you’re laying the new floor over is clean, dry and flat.
- Gently remove wall base, millwork, or trim you’ll re-use.
- Roll out Armstrong Quiet Comfort™ Premium Underlayment.
- Lay flooring pieces parallel with your longest wall.
- Begin on the left side of the room and work right.
- Install from several cartons at random for visual variety.
- In the last row, you may have to cut boards lengthwise.
- Trim around contours according to installation guide.
- When installation is complete, remove spacers, ensure expansion space is maintained.
- Fasten trim and moldings to the wall, not the flooring.