Vinyl Plank Installation
Learn how easy it can be to install a new Luxe Plank™ luxury vinyl floor from Armstrong.
Luxe Plank is an ideal flooring choice for beginner DIY-ers. Just make sure to read the installation instructions thoroughly before you begin, and you’ll be well on your way to a new luxury vinyl floor!
- BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Carefully read our detailed installation instructions.
- Be sure the floor you’re laying over is dry, clean and flat.
- Gently remove wall base, millwork, or trim you’ll re-use.
- Have all recommended tools and materials on hand.
- Properly acclimate the Luxe Plank™ flooring according to the instructions.
- Do a “dry” layout and adjust to avoid having a border row less than half a plank’s width.
- Lay planks parallel with your longest wall, working from left to right.
- Remove the protective paper from the adhesive side and ends of each plank as you go.
- Stagger your plank lengths: if you start one course with a full plank, start the next with a half-plank.
- In the last row, you may have to cut boards lengthwise.
- Trim around contours according to the installation guide.
- Fasten trims and moldings to the wall, not the flooring.
- Do not wet mop your new floor for at least five days after installation, while adhesive sets.
Tools Customer Care EnglishFind a Store