DIY Vinyl Plank
Armstrong Luxe Plank™ is one of the fastest and easiest flooring options for do-it-yourselfers. With two installation options available, you can choose the one that works best for your needs.
Luxe Plank with Lynx™ Technology
Lynx Technology uses our exclusive pressure-sensitive adhesive tabs to bond planks to each other – not the floor beneath it – for the most flexible and forgiving floating floor installation.
Luxe Plank with FastTak™ Installation
Materials & Tools
You’ll need minimal tools to get started on your DIY Luxe Plank™ installation project. Find out more about the tools and materials you’ll need below.
Materials & Tools
- Armstrong Luxe Plank™ flooring
- Armstrong S-194 Patch, Underlayment & Embossing Leveler (if needed for uneven subfloor)
- Armstrong S-195, Underlayment Additive – When mixed with S-194 it improves the bond to all approved substrates and can be used for patching and leveling uneven surfaces.
- Chalk line
- Tape measure
- Utility knife
- Straight edge
S-194 Underlayment & Embossing Leveler
Luxe Plank Installation
Luxe Plank is the ideal floor for beginner DIYers. Two installation options let you choose the one that works best for your needs.
Luxe Plank with Lynx Technology
Planks with Lynx™ Technology have pressure-sensitive adhesive tabs to bond planks to each other – not the subfloor – for the most flexible and forgiving floating floor installation.
Luxe Plank with FasTak™ Installation
Luxe Plank with FasTak Installation features a fully backed self-adhesive that holds fast and bonds tight over most existing subfloors.
With both options you simply position and press into place. No glue, no special tools and minimal prep. Just make sure to read the installation instructions thoroughly before you begin, and you’ll be walking on your new luxury vinyl floor in no time!
- BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Carefully read our detailed installation instructions.
- Be sure the floor you’re laying over is dry, clean and flat.
- Gently remove wall base, millwork, or trim you’ll re-use.
- Have all recommended tools and materials on hand.
- Properly acclimate the Luxe Plank™ flooring according to the instructions.
- Do a “dry” layout and adjust to avoid having a border row less than half a plank’s width.
- Lay planks parallel with your longest wall, working from left to right.
- Remove the protective paper from the adhesive side and ends of each plank as you go.
- Stagger your plank lengths: if you start one course with a full plank, start the next with a half-plank.
- In the last row, you may have to cut boards lengthwise.
- Trim around contours according to the installation guide.
- Fasten trims and moldings to the wall, not the flooring.
- Do not wet mop your new floor for at least five days after installation, while adhesive sets.
Looking for a professional installer? Armstrong Certified Installers have the expert knowledge and training required to install your Luxe Plank flooring. Backed by Armstrong Flooring, Armstrong Certified Installers offer highly-skilled, courteous service that will give your floor a new, professional look for many years.