DIY Vinyl Sheet Flooring
What does it take to install a vinyl sheet floor yourself? Find out here.
Vinyl sheet flooring is a practical choice for the busiest rooms in your home. Read the installation instructions and guide to decide if a do-it-yourself installation is for you.
- BEFORE YOU START: Carefully read our detailed installation instructions.
- Be sure the floor you’re laying over is dry, clean and flat.
- Gently remove wall base, millwork, or trim you’ll re-use.
- Have all recommended tools and materials on hand.
- Properly acclimate the flooring according to the instructions.
- Cut pieces in an area where you can lay them out flat.
- Leave enough “extra” on each piece so that you can adjust it to match the pattern.
- To prevent tears, handle large pieces with care; avoid folding or creasing.
- Glue down pieces as soon as possible after cutting and fitting.
- Make final cuts only after pieces are adhered in place.
- Trace complex wall edges onto felt paper to use as a trim pattern.
- Lay pieces into the adhesive and roll flat, pushing swells out to the edges.
- Clean and seal seams.