Vinyl Tile Installation
What does it take to install vinyl tile flooring yourself?
Vinyl tile is easy to install, even for novice DIY-ers. Make sure you read the installation instructions thoroughly before you begin. Below are some tips to make your installation go smoothly.
- BEFORE YOU START: Read our complete installation instructions.
- Bring the installation area and materials to room temperature for 48 hours before installation.
- Make sure the floor you’re laying over is clean, dry and flat.
- Determine the layout pattern for your tiles (diagonal, square, offset, etc.).
- Set your chalk lines, starting in the center of the room.
- Remove paper backing and press tiles into place.
- Trim tiles at walls and other edges according to installation guide.
- Roll tiles in both directions to set firm.
- Clean adhesive from tile surfaces with wet cloth.
- Fasten trim and moldings to the wall, not the flooring.
- Avoid heavy traffic on the new installation for 72 hours while adhesive sets.
Tools Customer Care EnglishFind a Store