- There have been recent news stories regarding the safety of certain laminate products. Can you assure me your laminate is safe for my home?
While none of the potentially noncompliant laminate product identified was Armstrong or Bruce, we want to assure you that Armstrong has been and will continue to take steps to ensure our flooring is safe for you and your family. View more FAQs on this specific topic.
- What is the Lock & Fold® Installation System?
Armstrong Laminate with Lock & Fold technology is the industry’s fastest and easiest installation system. Products featuring Lock & Fold technology install faster meaning you can enjoy your new floor sooner with less interruption to your home.
*Full bathroom installations require edge gluing, using, Armstrong 99
- How do I determine the direction in which to install my laminate flooring?
Install parallel to incoming light from any windows or if lighting is not a concern, parallel to the longest wall in the room.
- Can laminate flooring be installed on stairs?
Yes. Be sure to fully adhere the flooring to the stairs without using foam underlayment.
Detailed stair installation instructions.
- What are my floor molding options?
Armstrong offers a line of coordinated trim and molding pieces for most floors we offer. Choose from:
- Quarter round moldings: finishes the space where the laminate flooring meets the wall
- Multi-purpose reducer: provides a smooth transition from laminate flooring to another type of flooring of a lower height. Finishes the space where Laminate flooring ends against a vertical surface and where quarter round cannot be used.
- T-Molding: Used where the flooring continues through doorway or passageway into another room. Used in doorways or entryways, finishes the transition between two pieces of laminate flooring.
- Baby threshold: used at sliding glass doors, along wall bases, door thresholds and carpet.
- Flush stair nose: finishes the flooring edge at staircases, step downs, and landings.
- Overlap step nose: used where the flooring meets a step down or landing.
- Can I refinish or recoat my laminate flooring?
No. Laminate flooring cannot be refinished or sanded.
- What type of rugs can I use on my laminate floor?
All rug types are suitable for laminate, just be sure the mat is colorfast and non-staining.
- Does laminate flooring need to be acclimated?
No. Armstrong Laminate flooring is stable and ready to install immediately out of the box.
- If the underlayment is already attached to the flooring, do I still need Armstrong 2 in 1 underlayment?
No additional underlayment is necessary. Moisture barrier sheeting is only required for installing over concrete.
- Where can laminate flooring be installed?
Anywhere in the home, as long as you have a structurally sound, clean, dry, and flat subfloor. Armstrong Laminate flooring can be placed over existing floors made of:
- vinyl sheet
- carpet (must be fully adhered and no more than 1/4" thick over suspended wood sub-floors)
Review the complete installation instructions prior to beginning your laminate installation.
- Can I install laminate flooring myself?
Yes, with the proper tools, skills and planning. For the fastest and easiest installation available in laminate, choose products with Lock & Fold technology.
Visit our DIY Center for more detailed installation information.