Vinyl Sheet FAQs
- Can I use rugs or mats on my Armstrong vinyl floor?
Yes, as long as they are labeled “colorfast” by the manufacturer. We recommend non-staining polypropylene backed mats or woven rugs. We do not recommend the use of rubber- or latex-backed mats because the chemical (antioxidant) used to keep the backing from becoming brittle can permanently stain your floor.
- What is the best way to conceal seams in my vinyl floor?
Treat your seams with seam coater; this creates a virtually seamless floor and prevents the seams from opening.
- Where can I install Armstrong vinyl sheet flooring?
Armstrong vinyl sheet flooring can be installed on all levels of the home.
- Are some vinyl sheet floors less expensive to install than others?
The condition of your subfloor and the vinyl sheet product you purchase will help to determine what installation options are available to you and the cost of that installation. We recommend speaking to a retailer for more details regarding your particular project.
- Do I need to wax my Armstrong vinyl sheet floor?
No, that’s the beauty and ease offered by Armstrong vinyl floors. Our vinyl floors resist staining and scuffing and are easy to clean.
- Which cleaning products are safe to use on my Armstrong vinyl floor?
We recommend using Armstrong Once 'n Done® no-rinse floor cleaner. Armstrong Shinekeeper® Floor Polish can be used to renew your floor's shine. We do not recommend detergents, abrasive cleaners, or “mop and shine” products. Never use paste wax or solvent-based polishes on your vinyl floor.
- Do vinyl sheet floors with ToughGuard™ require different cleaning and maintenance methods?
No. ToughGuard™ flooring should be cleaned and maintained like all other Armstrong vinyl floors.