The Perfect Alternative to Stone And Tile
Alterna engineered stone offers the timeless elegance of slate, marble and travertine in a floor that's easy to live with.
New In 2015
Our new collection of urban-inspired designs features weathered metal, concrete-infused motifs, and linen and timber textures
Alterna vs.Ceramic & Stone
Our durable engineered stone construction makes Alterna tiles a perfect alternative to ceramic and stone:
- Wamer to the touch than ceramic or stone
- More comfortable underfoot
- Easy-to-clean surface resists stains and soil
- Strong, yet flexible enough to cover subfloor irregularities that can crack ceramic or stone tile
Our most popular collections are available in multiple shapes and sizes, so you can create a unique floor pattern that’s all your own.
You can grout Alterna, just like ceramic, or install it without grout.
Armstrong’s acrylic grout is ready to use, requires no sealing, and resists moisture, stains, and cracking.
On the Wall
The natural beauty of Alterna isn’t limited to floors! Use Alterna, with or without grout, as a decorative backsplash, accent wall, or other focal point to bring added style to your space.
* Alterna is not recommended for shower walls, fireplace surrounds, or any wall application that exposes it to continuous saturation or temperatures above 300°F.
Installation & Floor Care
If you’re a DIYer, you can easily install an Alterna floor with a few basic tools and adhesive.
Alterna is easy to keep clean with Armstrong Once ‘n Done® Floor Cleaner. Learn how to maintain your Alterna floor with our helpful maintenance tips.