Hardwood flooring is a fantastic investment and can actually add value to your home. It is suitable for most areas of the home and is backed by Armstrong’s industry leading warranties. Armstrong also offers a vast selection of hardwood species and finishes, so you are sure to find just what you want. View the Hardwood Flooring 101 section or simply browse our hardwood floors to see for yourself. To maintain the beauty and longevity of your hardwood flooring follow the steps below.
- Make sure you choose the right type of hardwood for your project by following the manufacturer’s recommendations. Engineered hardwood works well almost anywhere while solid hardwood should not be installed in damp environments like bathrooms or basements.
- Clean with hardwood floor cleaner.
- Sweep or dust regularly
- Wipe up any spills immediately, as the moisture will seep into the boards and begin to damage your hardwood floor
- Avoid dragging furniture and appliances, as hardwood floors will dent and scratch under the weight
- Consider using floor protectors with furniture
Remember, your hardwood floors are an investment, so follow the care recommendations to maintain their value. Regular maintenance is the key to long-lasting, gorgeous floors that only Armstrong can offer.