DIY Flooring Skill Assessment
Discover your level of ability in terms of completing a do-it-yourself flooring installation. Understanding your skill level will help you to choose the best floor to install yourself.
WHICH DIY LEVEL ARE YOU?
Do you have the skills, tools, and, experience to install your new floor? Read the descriptions below to get an idea of how we classify DIY projects.
- Are new to DIY projects
- Have a basic understanding of tools and flooring installation methods
- Like a quick and easy project that can be done in 1 day
- Have completed other DIY projects like painting or wallpapering a room
- Are familiar with DIY projects of most types and actively seek opportunities to use their skills
- Have experience with power tools and understand flooring installation methods
- Are up for a challenge and are OK with 1 or 2 day projects
- Have completed other DIY projects like changing out a faucet or installing cabinetry
- Are expert with DIY projects of every type and are fast and proficient in every project they tackle
- Have expert experience with power tools and completely understand flooring installation methods
- Are up for a challenging installation that may take up to 3 full days to complete
- Have completed other DIY projects like electrical wiring or plumbing