Find Your DIY Skill Level
If you’re a DIYer, then you’re probably already familiar with basic handyman tools and how to use them. That’s a good start for a new flooring installation. But of course, there are different installation methods for different floor types. Some types, like vinyl tile, are easier to install than others, like a nail-down solid hardwood floor.
Read the DIY skill level descriptions below to get an idea of how we classify DIY installation projects. Then browse the products you can install yourself!
- Interested in home renovation
- Have basic DIY tools and an understanding of flooring installation methods
- Like a quick and easy project that can be done in one day
- Have completed other DIY projects, like painting a bathroom or installing window blinds
- Familiar with typical home renovation projects and look for opportunities to use your skills
- Experience with power tools and understand flooring installation methods
- Ready for a challenge and can handle one or two-day projects
- Have completed other DIY projects, like changing a faucet or installing cabinets
- Expert with DIY projects of every type
- Fast and proficient in every project you tackle
- Have expert experience with power tools and have installed floors before
- Ready for an installation that may take up to three days to complete
- Have completed other DIY projects, like installing drywall, electrical wiring or plumbing