Flooring 101: Flooring Store Visit
The video and tips below are designed to prepare you to meet with a flooring salesperson so that you can have all of your questions answered. Here you can find where your store is located, information on what to take to the store, and questions to ask there. After meeting with an Armstrong flooring retailer, we want you to feel confident in your Armstrong flooring selection.
When you’re ready to buy flooring or have some preliminary questions for your retailer, prepare yourself for a productive
meeting with your Armstrong retailer. Here are some tips on how to make the most of your flooring store visit.
Tools featured in this video:
Planning Your Store Visit
Before you buy flooring or visit a store, consider the following:
- Bring a simple drawing of your room(s) and measurements, including closets, exits and other floors that will connect to your new flooring. Digital photos are good for this, too.
- Notes on the subfloor (what’s under the existing floor)
- Swatches of fabrics, wallpaper and paint chips that will be part of your décor
- Notes on the direction and amount of natural light and other light sources
- Print a copy of your My Project file, with images and ideas about what you like, or email to your retailer
- Bring any flooring samples you have received by ordering from Armstrong.com
Questions for Your Salesperson
Your Armstrong flooring retailer will help you know exactly what to expect when buying flooring. Ask your salesperson these questions:
- Is there a charge for in-home estimates?
- If so, are the fees for an in-home estimate subtracted from the cost of my flooring purchase?
- Are flooring samples available to take with me?
FIND A STORE
Get organized for your store visit with this handy tool. Print a copy or email to your retail store.
Try My Project