Rated 1.2 out of 5 by 5
Rated 1 out of 5
by Roxanne20 The Reviews Don't Lie
A product this expensive should be better than this. I should have taken heed of the reviews but decided to take a chance since many floor suppliers in my area carried very few other B&W checkered options. Don't settle! I've had the floor for 5 months in my kitchen and entry/mud room. In 5 years (when I hopefully get my money's worth), I'm changing this floor and switching to tiles. I do not recommend this floor for anyone, but especially those with children or pets. I have ONE brother who always seems to track in dirt when he visits and boy is it a job to get up! Keeping this floor clean-looking is like walking on eggshells. It is way too high maintenance.
Here are a few clarifications the website and installer will NOT tell you:
1) It does not feel as soft on the feet as carpet. The floor temperature may feel slightly better for the feet, but it is not cushiony.
2) The checkered pattern is diagonal. You have to pay for more sheet to make it straight/classic orientation.
3) Even after putting 4-5 coats of Armstrong wax on the floor, it is still difficult to get off dirt and grime with sweeping and mopping. I have rugs strategically placed by the door a other areas, too.
4) The flooring is textured, which traps and holds on to hair/dirt. You have to do twice the work of mopping and sweeping.
5) You put a lukewarm bucket of water on the floor and the clear top layer puckles up leaving a filmy outline of the bucket. I concealed it with more wax.
6) The seams are noticeable even though I blame the seam placement on my installer.
7) Furniture will leave indents. My metal folding chairs always left indents. Fortunately, they go away after a while. You have to put felt furniture pads under everything.
8) The installation is very tedious. Installers have to smooth the floor as much as possible with leveling compound (2 coats in my case) before laying it down. That made it a 2-day job at my place.
9) I agree with Armstrong's response to a previous post, a sponge mop probably works best on the floor. Forget about any Swiffer (wet/dry) and regular mop on it.
10) No way it looks like "real" tile. I miss the grout lines now.
April 6, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Aangie65 DO NOT BUY!!!
I agree with other reviewers. This expensive vinyl sheet floor cannot be cleaned! It grabs and holds dirt and you cannot get the white squares clean no matter how hard you scrub. DO NOT PURCHASE!
March 2, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Floor failure lady impossible to keep clean
have had one week & white squares are impossible to get clean even when scrubbed HARD with Armstrong Once and Done. I spent my hard earned $$ and very disappointed & cannot afford to re-do.
April 8, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Jody H Impossible to keep clean
From day 1, this flooring has been a nightmare. I should have paid more attention to the reviews I read. I am ok with the dull finish, but the rough texture grabs & holds dirt. I have used Armstrong's Once & Done(as recommended by Armstrong), it is a joke. I used it full strength, as recommended for tough spots, I let it sit, nothing, no effect. The ONLY product that will clean the white squares is Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. So, I clean each individual white square this way. At $20 a yd this floor was a huge, expensive mistake & I can't wait to replace it. I have had this installed for 3 months & have been disgusted with it since the first week. Pretty to look at from another room, horrible to live with.
December 22, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by chuck Never buy this flooring product !!
Never, never, never. I have never written a bad review in my entire life, but I felt compelled to do it for this product. It's impossible to get it clean. Even though I didn't want to buy a special product to clean my kitchen floor, I did. The Armstrong product cleaned no better than my regular Pinesol. I dislike the low gloss non-slip finish. The mop drags across its surface. I am now stuck with a floor I hate.
July 18, 2012