Alterna Luxury Vinyl Tile vs. Ceramic Tile Flooring
Find out why you may want to choose Alterna luxury vinyl tile over ceramic tile for your new floor.
You love the luxurious, high-end look of a ceramic tile floor, but you don’t love tile’s drawbacks. For one, ceramic tile makes a hard, cold surface that’s not forgiving in rooms like the kitchen or bathroom, where you spend a lot of time on your feet. Additionally, if something hard falls on ceramic tile, you’re stuck with an unsightly crack that’s difficult and costly to repair.
Alterna luxury vinyl tile vs. ceramic tile flooring
So, nix the idea of a ceramic tile floor? Not at all. You can get that same luxurious, high-end look and quality with Alterna, an innovative luxury vinyl tile floor from Armstrong. Alterna captures everything you love about ceramic tile, plus all the comfortable living features you wish ceramic tile had.
To the eyes, Alterna luxury vinyl tile looks like ceramic tile, but it’s actually warmer to the touch and softer underfoot. In rooms where you’re on your feet the most – kitchens and bathrooms – you’ll appreciate having a softer floor to stand on for long periods of time.
Alterna luxury tile is easy to clean, too, and resistant to stains and scratches. It’s more tolerant of drops and accidents than ceramic tile, and individual tiles are easier to replace. Keep this is mind if you have a busy lifestyle, little ones running around or if you like to cook because accidents do happen.
More reasons for choosing Alterna luxury vinyl tile over ceramic tile
- Armstrong's exclusive manufacturing technology results in Alterna flooring tiles looking distinctly unique.
- Alterna’s protecting coating provides superior scratch, stain and wear resistance.
- Alterna and our new Alterna Reserve can be installed with or without grout for a true ceramic tile look.
- Alterna tiles can be coordinated with Armstrong’s Luxe Plank luxury vinyl to create stunning patterns and borders.
- Limestone composite construction resists cracking.
- Faster and easier to install than traditional ceramic tile.
- DIY installation is an option for most people.
- Installation requires fewer specialty tools, just a heat gun and utility knife for easy cutting.
- Tiles are thinner and can use standard wood underlayment.
- Luxury vinyl tile will mold to subfloor irregularities.
- Lighter in weight, so it can be used on any level in the home.
Alterna luxury vinyl tile delivers the beauty, performance and stylish looks of ceramic tile flooring, along with comfort, easy maintenance and a range of design colors. This really is one of the most versatile flooring options you’ll find anywhere.
Visit a knowledgeable Armstrong flooring retailer to get answers to all your questions.
Find a Store