2008 Press Releases
For Immediate Release
FACT SHEET – LOOK UP AMERICA™
In 2007, Armstrong launched Look Up America™ – a new consumer ceiling contest in which the winner receives a complete ceiling
- The inspiration for the contest was based on research confirming that when America looks up, 98 percent of homeowners will
see a plain white gypsum drywall ceiling.
- Look Up America continues Armstrong’s campaign to inspire consumers to realize the design potential of their ceiling – the
- Armstrong encouraged consumers to post an image and short description of their outdated or uninspired ceilings on www.perfectceiling.com – the contest’s Web site.
- During the two-month timeframe, hundreds of homeowners from around the country provided photos and short essays about their
- The first year’s winner was Cheri Wessler of Raleigh, North Carolina. Wessler received a professional installed ceiling in
the room she entered for the contest—her kitchen.
- The Web site also offers information on the Project Michelangelo initiative, as well as information on all of Armstrong’s
current ceiling product lines including Metallaire™, a new line of decorative metal ceiling tiles that replicate the look of tin; Definitions™ Decorative Interior Accents line
of room divider panels; the WoodHaven™ line of wood-look planking; Tin Look™ mineral fiberboard tiles that replicate the look of historic pressed tin; and the
HomeStyle™ lines of suspended ceiling products.