No matter what size dining room you have, you can easily add style by decorating the ceiling. In as little as a weekend, you
can transform a plain, flat surface into a decorative canopy of color, texture and distinct personality with one of these
6 budget-friendly dining room ceiling designs.
- Timeless elegance – For elegant dining room ceiling designs, nothing compares to the romance cast by the soft shimmer of a metal ceiling. Capture
the timeless elegance of yesteryear’s tin ceilings in today’s pressed metal panels. You’ll find a visual to match your unique style in a selection of exquisitely detailed patterns
and lustrous metal finishes including brass, copper and chrome. Add matching cornices to complete the look.
- Add architectural interest – another timeless style, neoclassic, is a perennial favorite that makes a grand statement. Easy Elegance coffered ceilings exquisitely capture the geometric symmetry and classic motifs of ancient Greek and Roman architecture in a look that is luxurious
and detailed – a look that perfectly captures modern elegance.
- Layer your lighting – Install recessed light fixtures in a suspended ceiling system and fill your dining room with background lighting, then
place accent lights at focal points. A row of candlesticks or set of lamps create interesting pools of light and visually
balance the room. For this dining room ceiling design, choose 12”x12” Tiles tiles or 24”x24” Panels panels with a non-directional
pattern to add a touch of texture.
- Frame the ceiling – Make the whole dining room feel like artwork by framing it with Metallaire paintable white cornice strips. Available in
six decorative patterns and profiles, you can paint cornices to coordinate with your wall color.
- Classic Colonial simplicity – Late Colonial style placed an emphasis on refined and well-proportioned rooms painted in natural pigment hues such as mustard,
deep green, blue gray, taupe or brown, and framed by cream-colored crown moldings. Recreate this dining room ceiling design
with a border of Metallaire paintable white cornice strips around a beadboard ceiling painted three shades lighter than the walls.
- Theme it – Use natural-looking WoodHaven® ceiling planks over the dining area to introduce a theme, such as rustic or cottage, or to match an existing finish.
Try one of these dining room ceiling designs for a completely unique décor that will enhance the mood during mealtimes.