If you’re remodeling a room or transforming a basement into a new living space, a suspended ceiling offers real benefits. The often neglected space above your head holds many opportunities to add value that you might not
have considered. For a minimum investment in time and money, you get far more than a beautiful new look for your room.
A suspended ceiling – also called a “drop ceiling” – is a secondary ceiling that is hung below the existing ceiling. The new ceiling is created using a metal grid suspended
from hangers or wires and consisting of main beams and cross tees, and other hardware which supports lay-in ceiling panels
Why You Should Consider a Suspended Ceiling
- Exceptional design choices. Today’s suspended ceiling systems come in a wide variety of styles, textures, grids and colors, giving you almost endless
design possibilities. Armstrong’s beautiful and innovative ceiling designs can match any decorating style, so you can make
your room your own!
- Easy installation. Drop ceiling installation is an easy do-it-yourself project that requires only simple household tools.
- Easy access to home systems. The clutter of ducts, plumbing, wiring, TV and networking cables, and other mechanical systems can be nicely capped by a
suspended ceiling, yet remain easily accessible for repair or modification. In the case of a plumbing leak overhead, it’s
no problem to replace damaged panels. Suspended ceilings in a media room solve the problem of where to nest multiple cables
and power cords.
- Sound proofing. Suspended ceilings offer superior acoustic properties – far better than drywall ceilings – to soften noises, so surrounding
rooms are quieter.
- Moisture and sag resistant. Suspended ceilings are resistant to mold, mildew and bacteria on the treated surface. They can even be used in areas where
high humidity is frequently present, such as the bathroom. Another plus for Armstrong’s suspended ceilings is that they have
superior sag resistance.
- Fire safety. Armstrong ceiling panels and tiles are fire-retardant and meet industry standards for flame-spread ratings. All Armstrong
ceiling products have an ASTM E 1264 Class A rating. (Class A is the best.)
- Energy efficiency. The insulating effect of suspended ceiling panels may help lower home heating/cooling bills. In addition, the highly reflective
surface of white or light-colored panels creates a brighter space, optimizing light reflection and reducing the need for additional
- Eco-friendly. If you’re making an effort to reduce your carbon footprint, Armstrong’s suspended ceiling panels contain recycled post-consumer
and post-industrial products.
As you evaluate all the reasons a suspended ceiling makes a great design choice, keep in mind the biggest incentive is having
the capability to create a room that is uniquely yours.